Friday, May 23, 2008

chapter 3

“Huy, ano na find me a date!” as Jason approached Danny’s workstation.

Danny wasn’t in the mood to joke around with him. “Yeah, I’ll set you up! Don’t you have other friends that can hook you up?”

“Actually I have a friend, he’ll introduce me with someone. I’ll keep you posted about the date but you’ll still find me one. You know what I like not that intimidating, chinita, matalino, funny, at shmpre pretty.”

“Yeah, yeah sabi mo eh. That’s good hope your date turns out great. You know what I think, your just one of the typical guys I’ve known and met. You set up high standards for your future girlfriends to be. Sadly, most of its basis would be physical. Don’t you think its shallow kase its physical muna before character?”

“Sometimes, it can be shallow but when you get to know the person then you’d be able to decide if the relationship would be plain friendship or a prospect for a deeper relationship. Plus, you wouldn’t want to end up with someone you’re not attracted with?”

As she tried to end the conversation. “Its possible, why not? If he’s too charming maybe I’ll fall for him. I’m just saying, its true physical attraction may contribute part of it. But it should not define the basis of a relationship to begin with. It’s not the only thing that would make it work. It’s like saying that ugly people don’t have the right to fall and be in love. Basta, I don’t like that idea. Sige na, I’ll tell you when I find you someone ok.”

Jason was desperate and wanted to get dates, he would bug Danny and she would just say yes. She’ll pretend that she was pairing him with some of her single friends but she really didn’t try at all. Until Jason told Danny that he will be going on a group date. Acting happy and surprise she supported him; she even gave tips and told him to make the conversation flowing because she knew that Jason has the tendency to be boring at times.

Danny was curious how his date went but tried to sound that she wasn’t interrogating at all. “So how was the date?”

“It was ok. She’s nice, has a pretty smile, came from a rich family. I’m just worried baka she’s high maintenance.” Jason was still in his date zone.

“Wag naman sana, but that’s good to know she’s nice. Will you have a second date?”

“Yup, it next weekend. She also likes to watch Grey’s Anatomy. Do you have that series?”

“Nope, I have Scrubs, why you told her you have that series? Hahahahaha”

“sige, tawa pa I need to have it. So I have a reason to call her.”

“grabe, are you that torpe talaga? Just call her, tell her your sister borrowed it” Danny left Jason’s workstation then went to Rachel’s place.

“so kamusta naman date non?”

“he said it was ok. But he made a small lie that he had Grey’s Anatomy series. Umeffort pa wrong hirit naman.”

“Nako Daniella, yan Jason mo ewan ko ba dyan…over sa manhid, can he not appreciate your existence in his life. Di pa ba nya magets why you didn’t accept that position? You want I’ll tell him?”

“Never mind.” Danny felt sad but she can’t do anything about it, she thought that you can never force someone to love you back.

Jason reminded Danny and Rachel before they leave the office. “We’ll see each other 8:00 pm. Rache take care of Danny ok. Danny I’ll call you.”

Around 6:00 pm Jason called Danny. “Good evening, May I please speak with Danielle”

“Hoi! Danielle ka dyan! Is it raining in Makati?”

“Wait I’ll check….Yup, but its not that hard. Why you asked?”

“Cancel na lang natin.”

“Wag naman I don’t have other plans tonight basta 8 pm ha?!” Jason sounding to be desperate.

“Cge na nga, you know naman I can’t say no to you but I might be late.”

“Ok lang. No to canceling lang”

“cge I’ll see you.”

Rachel and Danny decided to go together to meet up with Jason. Rachel knew that it was a big deal for her friend. The three of them went out and eat. After dinner Rachel decided to leave. So the two of them decided to watch movie instead. Their elbows would touch from time to time but the two pretended not to mind at it and focus on the movie instead.

The next morning, Rachel was excited to know what happened after she left. “So ano nangyari?”

“Nothing really. We watched a movie then I went home.” Quietly replied by Danny.

“Ha?! I left the two of you there hoping that you might hold hands man lang. pero hindi pala”

“ I tried to tell him that I was hungry but he never listened, maybe he was just tired and he’ll go home pa in Antipolo, which is far from Quezon City”

“hay nako what’s new with Jason…….kainis!!” Rachel tried to comfort and pity her hopeless friend. Danny did not attempt to comment after that. She was quiet the whole day. Her mind was in a zone of questions. It’s a fact that he doesn’t see me as someone special. Why would a guy tell you his dates? There would be times he would be sweet, but it seldom happens. Eto nanaman ako over analyzing everything which hindi dapat...lech

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sad but happy being meantime girl is one of the criteria of boys and infact the relationship will last forever when u into it.I was a meantime girl before but i never let anyone to hurt me again and again.