Thursday, April 24, 2008

chapter 1

At Danny’s Farewell party:

“Wish me luck! I’ll see you guys in 3 or 5 years time? I hope by that time I’m happy na. Hays…” Danny said as she bid good-bye and hugged her friends.

“Nothing to lose…there’s no one to lose.” As she sighed and waved good-bye to her friends.

Flashback:

“Are you free tonight? Tara alis tayo.” Jason asked. “Sure, have you asked Rache?” as Danny smiled as she passed by Jason’s workstation.

“Rache, sige na sama ka na. Please.” Jason insisted and bothered her the whole afternoon.

As Rachel rolled up her eyes and forcefully said. “Oo na, but I can’t stay that long, I have other plans.”

Jason was Danny’s “buddy” in the office. The two met and became close during a 2-month training for advertising management. At first, the two didn’t seem to click Danny thought Jason was arrogant but nonetheless she finds him attractive. Jason was in a relationship at that time and seemed to be distant to everyone except with Danny. He thinks she was harmless and he enjoys her company alongside with her corny jokes and silly games.

The two bonded when Jason broke up with Crystal; “Do you still love her? Talk to her so you two can clear things out. Sayang naman 2 years din yun.” As she comforts Jason.

Jason reasoned out. “ Wala na rin, I don’t think it will still work out. We always fight there would be times there’s no reason to fight but we still end up fighting. I’m getting tired of it. Maybe it’s just right to end the relationship. Besides, she has a new boyfriend already.”

“Ikaw talaga, is it just you or your ego? Maybe there wasn’t too much spark to begin with. Anyway, highway I’ll try to hook you up with some of my friends. There’s someone for you and we know for sure it’s not Crystal. So cheer up” Danny smiled.
Two days after:

“How’s my tuliro friend hay nako, I have a joke for you, anong tawag sa isdang hiphop?” as she sat down beside him.

“Ano?” he lazily answered.

“Eh, di sup sup hahaha” Danny forcefully laugh at her own joke and felt ok when she saw a little glimpse of Jason’s chinky eyes glistened.

“Corny ka talaga, shhh I think we’re going to start with the meeting. But thanks for the effort. I’ll join you at lunch.”

“Sabing shhhh” she kidded.

Rachel was Danny’s confidant she knew that Danny likes Jason ever since.

Rachel pretending to be annoyed said. “Hay nako Daniella, tonight I’ll be your chaperone in short MH a malaking handlang. Why don’t you just go out on a real date without me?”

“Rache, you know naman even if I like Jason I can’t say that to him, Ok lang sya?! But thanks for saying yes. Plus, I’m sure if you’re not coming, this sorta gimmick thing will not push through alam mo na yun he thinks it’s weird na lalabas kami ng kami lang parang heller?! Rapist ba ako?!” As she kidded her current situation with Jason with Rachel.

The friendship of Danny with Rachel started when Danny came to work teary-eyed. “Danny, are you sure you can work today? Halika, let’s get some coffee.”

While they wait for there coffee Rachel asked. “Now, speak up. What happened? You look wasted?”

Tears began to fall on Danny’s face as she tells Rachel what happened to her. “Remember, the guy I’ve been telling you about, my bf which later turned out to be my no commitment boyfriend we finally ended it or I ended it. I am so stupid, so stupid believing that everything will still workout. I know naman na that he was falling with somebody else. Stupid, for allowing this kind of set up in the end I’m the one who is hurting. Girls will always be victims; guys tend to be numb on everything.”

Rachel never imagined her to be so down and distressed. She saw the different side of Danny and it was the fragile Danny.

“Alam mo ba the reason, I wanted to keep the relationship thinking that everything will still be the same pero it will never be the same imagine last Friday evening we went out to celebrate his birthday. Later on I found out that he also went out with his new girl in the afternoon naman, worst he told me that he wanted to have a dinner with me kasi it’s SOP na lalabas kami kasi birthday niya at napilitan lang siya. Ang tanga tanga ko talaga.” as she sobbed and sip a bit of her coffee.

“Danny, don’t say your stupid just because you allowed yourself to be fooled by someone. Loving isn’t stupid. You knew, that in loving there’s a great risk of pain whether you want it or not. I won’t advice you to forget everything and moved on or it his lost not yours. Feel the pain until it last. It will come to a point that everything that happened will be a memory of the past. It will come, but not today.” Two cents from Rachel that she hopes that would have helped Danny to ease her pain.
That day onwards Danny and Rachel shared secrets and bonded like sisters.

No comments: